View Full Version : Windows has recovered from a Serious Error

crmpicco
11-24-2005, 05:10 PM
I am recieving this error when i start my machine?

Anyone know possible causes?

Picco

JamieR
11-24-2005, 05:59 PM
And it's happening every time you start your PC when the previous time you turned it off it was shutdown correctly w/o a BSOD?

crmpicco
11-25-2005, 01:16 PM
>And it's happening every time you start your PC when the previous time you turned it off it >was shutdown correctly w/o a BSOD?

Yeah, it happens everytime i start my machine. Only once does it show, and now BSOD.

and it was shutdown correctly.

Done a google, found this:

http://forum.majorgeeks.com/archive/index.php/t-15700.html

Picco

vidall
11-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Hello,

I tried to remove the W32.IRCBot trojan horse from my system. I followed Symantec's instructions and deleted a registry key and took the infected file (sndcfg16.exe) out of msconfig. When I restarted windows wouldn't log on, I tried to reinstall Windows but it says something like "Setup could not find the Setup log files." Is there any way I could avoid reformatting and if I have to reformat, is there anyway to backup my files?

SteelValor
11-28-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't recommend backing up from an infected system as you're more than likely just going to re-infect yourself. My suggestion is to delete the partition, recreate it, format it, run the windows installer, update windows to the latest service pack and then put on your antivirus/spyware & firewall.

My suggestions for those are: ZoneAlarm, SpySweeper and either AVG or PC-Cillin

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum