View Full Version : question about message boards

nub
11-23-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing vBulletin. What do you guys think? It's supposed to be the best message board software, right?

Also for those who've dealth with vBulletin, how hard/easy is it to operate? I thought you just fixed the features on an interface, but apparently from taking a glimpse of the set manuals, it looks like a list of chores. Do I have to know PHP and mySQL? 'Cause I have zero knowledge of that stuff. Thanks.

oracleguy
11-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Well this forum uses vBulletin, I'm sure the admin will be along eventually and give you some more info about his experience.

nub
11-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Well this forum uses vBulletin, I'm sure the admin will be along eventually and give you some more info about his experience.

Cool. Thanks.

nub
11-24-2005, 07:17 AM
bump^ :(

Tynan
11-24-2005, 10:47 AM
what's wrong with phpbb? I know very little about the technical side of thing but it looked bloody good

what's the limitations of phpbb?

Noodles24
11-25-2005, 03:54 PM
phpbb is fine for a free board, but I've found it's functionality very limited.

I've used IPB, UBB and vBulletin and so far vBulletin is the best I've used. It is easy to setup and easy to use

Tynan
11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I setup a phpbb board, just as a test and was stunned at how easy it was, and very suprised indeed with the admin control, it looked very open and editable, even to a lummox like me

ah well, just asking

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum