View Full Version : Netscape Vs. IE

mushmush
10-03-2002, 12:59 AM
For some reason my page looks fine in IE but not in Netscape. It's a simple page but I cant figure out what might be wrong.

The url is www.crocodilerock.org/crocrocnew/index.htm

Thank you.

Nightfire
10-03-2002, 01:18 AM
What's wrong with it? I see nothing looking wrong in Mozilla 1.0

MCookie
10-03-2002, 01:39 AM
In NN4.8 the blue column at the right is about 200px too wide. So it looks like there's some sort of mistake in your table code. Now, you can call it a simple page but finding the bug here may take some time...
Also, as a rule for NN4, never leave cells empty.

zoobie
10-03-2002, 03:06 AM
What's it look like in NS7? :D

Alex Vincent
10-03-2002, 03:14 AM
Zoobie has a legitimate reason for asking that. Netscape 4.x is considered deprecated, legacy code.

Unfortunately, we web designers have a choice: support Netscape 4.x, or recommend they upgrade their browser. To me, neither option is very palatable.

starglow
10-03-2002, 03:19 AM
yup, looks fine in NS7....

mushmush
10-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Alex Vincent
Zoobie has a legitimate reason for asking that. Netscape 4.x is considered deprecated, legacy code.

Unfortunately, we web designers have a choice: support Netscape 4.x, or recommend they upgrade their browser. To me, neither option is very palatable.

I usually do not test for Netscape 6 or 7. Things seem to look fine in those browsers and many people that I know who use Netscape do not like the updated versions and they are sticking to the older versions of the browser. So, I would like to have it look right in the older version of Netscape. I dont see why it shouldn't but oh well. Hopefully I (we) can figure it out.

Thanks.

Revelle
10-03-2002, 07:03 PM
(working under Win 2000)
Looks good in IE 5.5 and NS 7

Things that were different included:
- blinking Slide Show doesn't blink in IE, does in NS
- the black borders around the Weather Links don't show up in NS, do in IE

Nothin else to note.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum