Visions of Domi
11-08-2005, 12:22 AM
I'd appreaciate any feedback on Paintful.net (http://www.paintful.net) in terms of:
- Is it's purpose clear? An animation company showcasing it's work. We also have a business proposal for those who may be interested in funding our work.
- Navigation clear? Can you navigate to the animations and watch them without a problem...
- If you would like to contact us, can this be done easily? Both for business proposals and general comments.
Is there anything that strikes you as odd or wrong?
Looking at my statistics, few go past the "Film Shorts (http://paintful.net/shorts.htm)" page. What am I doing wrong?
TIA for feedback.
11-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Hi, The layout was very easy to follow but in all honesty I did think it was a bit too plain. The anims are ace.
I wan't to rule the world (excellent) and Single Wish both worked fine but I think you may have a copyright problem with the band name that you have used in the opening of Single Wish!?.
My House failed, currently unavailable except from a different webiste.
I don't mean to sound negative, I hope the info is useful.
Visions of Domi
11-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Thanks Rocket, no you don't sound negative... I did ask for opinions.
Glad you like the videos.
1) What Band name are you refering to in Single Wish? I know that the Rule the World song is copyrighted.
2) I see that the WMV format is popular then... It does work in MOV format. I'm currently getting a WMV one up. I thought a temp link to it offsite wouldn't hurt.
Is it clear for the visitor what to do once on the Shorts page? I mean, it seems common sense to choose your format and proceed, right? Or must I be more detailed?
11-08-2005, 03:59 PM
The copyright issue that I was referring to was 'Franz Ferdinand'. WMV's are THE most popular but doesn't hurt to have options for your visitors.
You nav method is very easy to follow and it all seemed to work with no problems :cool:
With the redirects to other sites (not only the My House link but the gallery link also). It could be worth putting a notice on to let people know they will be redirected if they click. This is obvious with you anims but not so obvious with the gallery!
11-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Franz Ferdinand was Archduke of Austria long before the band Franz Ferdinand was formed. I won't pretend to know much about copyright law, but I do not think that that would be considered copyright infringment, since it is clear in context that you are referring to the historical figure, rather than the band.