View Full Version : FrontPage Help

dreamingdigital
11-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Is there a FrontPage feature that lets you hide a chunk of code from rendering in the FrontPage "Normal" or Design view? It can't be just a comment because I need it to show up for real but not in the design view when my client is typing in new content. :rolleyes: It should be like Insert->HTML and then just put an icon there instead of rendering it. (that feature is in Mozilla Composer)

CP

Kurashu
11-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Yes, it's called not using FrontPage.

=)

dreamingdigital
11-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Look. If I wanted a smart mouth reply I would have asked for it. Now in the real world you have to do what your client wants and if they want to use FrontPage then you make them a Web site capable of being edited in FrontPage while at the same time looking like it wasn't. Get it? I'm not replying to any further ignorance. I do my part to answer at least 2 questions for every 1 I ask. Have a little respect. Your post has been reported.

_Aerospace_Eng_
11-04-2005, 01:39 AM
You can do what you want in Dreamweaver 8. It is a lot better than front page. Maybe other editors like HTML-Kit or 1stPage2000 will do what you want.

Kurashu
11-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Really, I wouldn't count on FrontPage's preview mode, nor any other editor's for the simple fact that every browser uses a different rendering engine. Save the file and check it in the big browsers (Opera, Mozilla/Firefox, IE, and Safari).

Also, I don't think someone has a sense of humor.

dreamingdigital
11-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Really, I wouldn't count on FrontPage's preview mode, nor any other editor's for the simple fact that every browser uses a different rendering engine. Save the file and check it in the big browsers (Opera, Mozilla/Firefox, IE, and Safari).

Don't I agree. :)

I found a way around it. I was able to use JavaScript to render a chunk of code. That way it only appears in the browser/preview/online and not in the design view.

Topic closed I guess. I couldn't find the FrontPage equiv. of Netscape 4's Composer Insert HTML tag anywhere! Maybe in a newer version. Who knows.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum