View Full Version : Drop Down Jump Menu

Rocket Boy
11-03-2005, 08:28 AM
How can something so small cause so much stress?

My site is not yet finisihed but I want to get it finished as part of my girlfriends birthday present so please help if you can. I am happy for people to visit the site in its unfinished state in order to test and cure this problem.

I have created a jump menu which links to various pages without the need for a "Go" button.

The problem is that it will work once. It will sucessfully take you to any page on the site. If you then try to use then menu again though it will produce an error.

Thanks in advance.

Check it out at http://www.catsnaps.co.uk

Tynan
11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
not an error exactly is it?

just saying it can't find the document or it doesn't exist

check the names of the documnets match those you have in the code for your jump menu

and more likely, check that the paths to those pages are correct, it stops working after the first use because you load a page from a sub directory, I'm guessign that cocks the relative path you might be using

why not keep all your html pages in the same folder, makes life easier

Tynan
11-03-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah, what I said,you're using relative paths that are going wrong when 'jumped' from the sub directories

look at what appears in the address bar when the pages don't load, you'll see that part of the path is duplicated, use absolute (complete, ie www.blahblah) paths is one way to fix it, or put the html files all in the same folder together

Rocket Boy
11-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Bit simple that wasn't it :o Guess I couldn't see the wood for the trees, or maybe it was all that beer I drank last night.

Thanks Tynan

Tynan
11-03-2005, 02:17 PM
you're welcome

pleased to be offered something easy to help with, all I'm capable of

been there seen it done it, spec the beer

ta for the ta

Rocket Boy
11-03-2005, 03:14 PM
And yet, despite all its simplicity, the menu has now gone.... only for the time being, I will save it for later, I really cant be bothered spending any more time on it right now and I am sure there are more important things that I should be doing.

zanet
11-05-2005, 05:45 PM
i would recommend avoiding jump menus
thay are very unaccessible for disabled visitors

varcharcode
04-26-2006, 06:01 AM
is there a way to make jump menu that once you selected any option, it won't go anywhere, just like in selecting the "male or female" option in registering for e-mail.... then plus... i need something to appear.. like a comment below each multiple selection.... how to do that? :confused:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum