View Full Version : How do I add mousetrails to a CGI script?

Dauthus
09-30-2002, 07:19 AM
OK, here's the problem. I am using a forum program called YaBB. I would like to add a mousetrail to each page.

The process is relatively simple, the CGI (PL) script in this case refers to a HTML file called "template.html" which is used as a css for the entire forum. I have added the mousetrail script to the "template.html" and tested "template.html" on the computer. This works fine. The mousetrail works exactly as supposed to.

Now when I load the modified "template.html" onto the server the mousetrail doesn't work. Since the "template.html" is in the cgi bin of the server, I thought maybe it could not call up the graphics from there, so I moved the graphics to a "public" folder on the server and changed the path to the graphics in the script to match. Still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't think this is a call up problem with two of the same scripts because the thing works perfectly on my system, just doesn't work on the server.

Any help is appreciated.

webpage is here:

Bootleg Hollow Ranch (http://www.bootleghollow.com)
click on the "Equestrian Forum" link.

You can view the source and maybe see where I went wrong.

Alekz
09-30-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi,
Try doing the sqme for the script as You did for the images - create a .js file somewhere, then include it in the template.html as <script language="JavaScript src="...">

Alex

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum