View Full Version : Image Rendering Looks Bad In Opera

harlequin2k5
10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Is it just me or does this (http://www.swegerconstruction.com/index2.cfm) look horrible in Opera? Seems to look ok in ie6 win2k and ff 1.0.6...screen resolution 1024x768

All you should see right now is the banner - 770x150

Thanks!

imatus
10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
perhaps oddly enough but it looks the same to me both in IE6 and Opera (8.5)...

Bill Posters
10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
The image rendering doesn't look noticeably bad to me in any of the Mac browsers I checked it in.
The typography, on the other hand,

;)

harlequin2k5
10-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks Bill...the font in our logo is Eurostile and I'm just trying to keep with it - the rest of the site is either going to remain Verdana or I might switch to Trebuchet

Thanks Iamtus...

Bill Posters
10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks Bill...the font in our logo is Eurostile and I'm just trying to keep with it - the rest of the site is either going to remain Verdana or I might switch to Trebuchet

Thanks Iamtus...

It's not really the choice of typeface that I'm referring to.
The kerning of the company name is all over the joint and the use of distortion to extend the font, rather than using a true extended style (http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itfmecanorma/eurostile/extended/) is horribly amateurish, im(brutally honest)o.

harlequin2k5
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey Bill...let me tell you something about your opinion... ;)

I hadn't thought about the kerning (duh!)...I wanted to have it stretch across just a lil bit - but now after reading your comment and going back and looking at it...you're absolutely right...it is all over the place!

I had gotten so excited because this is the closest to the logo that's stenciled on our vans that I've been able to create.

But rest assured - I made sure to save the layers as well as the finished image and I will go back and adjust the spacing

Thank you Bill :D

p.s. thanks for the text link also!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum