View Full Version : site critique, all comments welcome

10-19-2005, 02:41 AM
I posted this domain a while back,. and then realised I was posting with no idea as what is the objective of the site!, SSSSSSooo I have just slung together my new look for a web design / graphic studio I am starting;

littletoaster.com (http://www.littletoaster.com)

whats the first impressions?, all comments welcome?

p.s Please ignore loading time and content for now! :)

10-19-2005, 03:24 AM
I like it, just change the font and gid rid of that ridiculous rollover on the paragraphs.

10-19-2005, 07:25 AM
gid rid of that ridiculous rollover on the paragraphs.

10-19-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't like the rollovers nor do I like the Font Times New Roman being used for websites ;)

10-21-2005, 02:53 AM
besides what they said, The layout seems simple enough. Easy to look at. I don't dig the red-ish box in the right hand side. The gradient isn't quite right. Where it ends it's slightly brighter than the background color. The fixed star image breaks in 800x600. I think I miss the <littletoaster/>

10-21-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm getting an error:

Line: 21
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0

10-21-2005, 11:45 AM
I will put though into all these suggestions!

@ranger56, weazel, oracleguy

The font has been changed, including line height etc etc (readability!), rollover on paragraphs will go eventually, for now I think their quirky!

I dont understand?, I cannot find an error?

For some strange reason I think the pink goes well!, maybe time will proove me wrong!, I will look into the gradient!, I cant see the difference in color on this graphic? / what do u think will be better for this graphic?, Thanks for pointing out the res breakup!, smaller image will be the answer?, I also miss the <lt/>, I may change back!

I need alot more practise at server side scripts / web database, this will be my testing bed for now! , For now any charasmatic suggestions would be great?

thanks for comments as always, anthony

10-21-2005, 04:17 PM
I have lightened the background a little and hopefully sorted that gradient problem?

10-21-2005, 07:25 PM

I dont understand?, I cannot find an error?
It happens to me when you click on the "1-5 pages" "6-12 pages" etc. and click go, I get that error. Using IE if that helps :thumbsup:

10-21-2005, 08:08 PM
And if you are using Firefox you can view Javascript errors by going to Tools > JavaScript Console

10-22-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm thinking the slight color variationmaybe an optical illusion I'm seeing. It still looks the same to me.

on the star graphic. I'm not sure the best way to go about it. But there is another problem. On 1152x? the bottom point is cut off but on 800x600 it isn't.

can I suggest a little more line height? where it says "redesign" it lays right on top of the '?' under it. Maybe a little bit of letter-spacing as well.

If you like the pink go for it. There is just nothing besides the rollovers to tie it in with the site. And the roll overs. Yeah they are quirky, but when you roll over them the text gets crammed into the left side of them.

In mozilla your right side bar isn't aligned with the header.

10-22-2005, 12:07 PM
The javascript on the form isnt active;
I was going to go with Javascript form validation, but I have decided to use server side (asp). So please ignore this small detail!, I will be swapping the form for a little more detailed site request form soon!

I'm still stuck on the star image a little!, maybe I can put the star in the frame div, instead of the content!, Yer their are definetly issues.
I have got some letter spacing and line height on the p's, but I will increase!, you are right it needs more!, I need simplistic and easily readable!

I'll get some padding on those anchors!, well spotted!

the right side bar alignment, i belive i can change by floating the div right, or increasing its size! I really need to achieve; complete access, cross browser!, thanks for testing for me!, I will fix res issues! , I aim to make this an liquid design!,

Thanks for all the great feedback, and suggestions!, anthony

Glass Casket
10-30-2005, 06:04 AM
If it was my site, in http://www.littletoaster.com/siterequest.asp , I would put Firstname, Surname, etc... On the right and have the text boxes to the right.

Besides that, everything else looks great.

10-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Do u mean that the form should be center aligned? If so I will mess with this idea. I have made star image smaller and it now fits on 800 X 600. I have also adjusted the main nav so its got a rollover. The code is very scrappy and this will be my next job!, valid xhtml / css!

I have adjusted the line height and letter spacing, I beleive it looks better.I will sort out padding issues aswell.

thanks for comments, anthony