View Full Version : Need a Shopping cart that will work with Paypal

Shimmer82
10-16-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm having a really hard time finding the right shopping cart! Can anyone recommend one? It needs to integrate with paypal for credit card payments. I'd also like for it to be able to accept mailed payments. I've seen some carts that do that but the hard part is that I also need to be able to set the quantity of an item and have it removed from the site once it's been purchased. The site I'm making sells mainly one of a kind items. Whenever I've used Paypal buttons in the past, I have to manually remove them when the item has been sold. I'd also like to be able to configure shipping through this shopping cart because I do not like the way Paypal does it.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Tynan
10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
no experience with shopping cart although Nivea (or something like that) is an option on my host

as to removing the paypal button, why not have the items for sale loaded from a db and have the line in the db flag to SOLD when you sell it, and trigger the Paypal link, or not, from there? and indeed, the entire item for sale if you wanted to?

Nightfire
10-18-2005, 12:57 AM
If you've got php and mysql, then you could use oscommerce (http://www.oscommerce.org)

Al_90
10-18-2005, 01:05 AM
it might be easier to make your own, thats what i ended up doing

Granyanella
10-24-2005, 05:12 PM
A quick search on Google for "shopping cart with stock management" brought up a few suggestions, OsCommerce above, Ecommerce Templates, x-cart, goecart - should be plenty to choose from.

Rocket Boy
10-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Email this thread to PayPal and they will probably end up offering one before to long. Lots of people must want it!?

felgall
10-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Paypal will be offering their own integrated shopping cart from some time in the late 1990s. The only thing it wont be able to do is to remove the link from the page when the item is sold. You will be able to build your own addon using what Paypal refer to as Instant Payment Notification to update a database containing the outstanding quantity and to have your own code remove the button when the last one is sold.

Just look for all of this code which will be available many years ago. Just hop in your time machine and go back ten years and you will then only have a couple of years to wait.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum