View Full Version : window.open - cannot open with scrollbars

patdivenii
10-13-2005, 04:22 AM
When creating a new window and specifying ANY features (on or off) at all like such:

<A HREF="javascript:void(0)"
onclick="window.open('NONE.php','welcome','toolbar=1,location=1,directories=1,status=1,menubar=1,resizable=1, scollbars=1')">
Open a new window</A> the new window does not have scrollbars even though scrollbars are necessary for my document (vertically, at least).

This problem occurs in Firefox and Internet Explorer 6. The problem does NOT occur if there are no features are specified.

An explaination of why this occurs or a workaround would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

patdivenii
10-13-2005, 04:29 AM
The problem does NOT occur if there are no features are specified.For instance using,
window.open('NONE.php','welcome','') will actually create a window with scrollbars.

And by the way, "NONE.php" is nothing but the following example and obviously needs a verticle scrollbar for most screen resolutions:
<body>
<NOBR>FSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFS ADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSAD FASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFA SDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASD FASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFASDFAFSADFASDFA SDFA</NOBR>
</body>

_Aerospace_Eng_
10-13-2005, 04:57 AM
It would help if you actually spelt scrollbars correctly.

, scrollbars=1'

patdivenii
10-13-2005, 06:25 AM
My god that was actually it...

And the sad part is I must've typed this three times.

Good eye. Thank you!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum