View Full Version : another mock-up, critique?

10-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I have decided to make a portfolio / code snippets / photos site.

the link (http://www.littletoaster.com)

I am very proud of the nav, what do u think?
what about the color scheme, should I go with this style or scrap it?
everything else is pretty much standard layout!, I think i want to use these colors but on a completely white background!, concentrating on typography and good object placement, any thoughts?

thanks, anthony :)

10-11-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm going to say yes

unusual colours to me but I think they work, a bit bright for my taste but I can't say too bright, the page looked a little high on the screen to me, maybe the lines running across the background are a bit noisey, maybe

liked the links on the right although perhaps the borders on hover were a bit too heavy/dark

liked the nav at the top although maybe the grey links were a little hard to read

all minor quibbles

it was a bit slow to load for me although maybe that's just me

10-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Not sure what the nav is supposed to look like, it is different in IE and FF.
Also, the hover for the links on the right don't work in IE.
Other than that, looks good.

10-11-2005, 02:29 PM
I dont know what I did with the nav, its experimental!, All I know is it looks different in both browsers yet i like the way it looks in both browsers! I know the rollover on the images dont work in ie and will play with this.
The css/xhtml is very very scrappy!

Thanks for the feedback, both!

p.s I will be redesigning again, with alot more white space!, but I'll keep the autumn colors!

10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I like, a lot for some reason, simplistically nice :)

10-12-2005, 02:18 AM
I dig it as well.

Onething I might look into is making the nav a fixed width and either centering it or giving it a % based left margin. In 800x600 it looks funny all the way over like that. And any less than 800x than the nav links jump down to new lines making it not-so-pretty.

Looking at it again, you might be running a higer res than mine (1152x ) and the nav is centered over the content part. Amybe thats the way it sdhould look on all resolutions?