View Full Version : A site about Ruby

Steven Janes
09-25-2005, 10:32 AM
I am designing a site, Ruby Talk (http://www.rubytalk.net), where people can come and discuss about the new programming language, Ruby.

I am actually hesitant a bit about the design itself, and want to do more a Ruby-oriented (the stone itself) theme on the site.

What do you guyz think?

mark87
09-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I think it looks nice, the colours are pleasing to the eye at least.

Only thing I think you should change is the font used in the logo and the top menu - some people may have problems reading that and it doesn't seem to fit in with the design of the page; I think you should change it for a plain simple font like Verdana. :)

JamieR
09-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice site - I like the colours etc. BTW, I suppose that ruby isn't *old* compared to some languages, however it's not really that new - it was created in 1993.

Steven Janes
09-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Nice site - I like the colours etc. BTW, I suppose that ruby isn't *old* compared to some languages, however it's not really that new - it was created in 1993.
Yes but Ruby just *started* to get popular among web developpers. Still not all people know what Ruby is and how it can be a better solution to other programming languages.

Tynan
09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
I like the layout, nice and open

What the others said really, I like the colours but there's quite a lot of them, and the bold body text is a bit brutal, I didn't mind the buttons at the top, the ones at the bottom were a little bit flat for me

Check your spelling too if that's final text, two 's's in access init?

PcMan
09-26-2005, 09:16 PM
i dunno, but the colors arn't flowing for me

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum