View Full Version : google bot and dynamic links

kab_184
09-20-2005, 10:34 PM
hi

well looking on net.. i saw many saying google bot follows dynamic links e.g. strings containg ? tags.. some say it doesnt.. with such a big community on coding forums what you say.?

DOES GOOGLE BOT FOLLOW DYNAMIC LINKS ? YES OR NO?

Nightfire
09-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Is there any need for a poll?

Just look at google and see the urls listed in their results with querystrings in

kab_184
09-21-2005, 01:17 AM
not many sites get cached..with strings... why does that happen..then..?

Nightfire
09-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Have no idea to be honest, but google does do most sites with dynamic content. How else would hundreds of people, if not thousands, have found this place? Most likely have been google or search engine results which pick up threads of other people in the same situation.

No one knows the real way google works, apart from google themselves.

Kurashu
09-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Everyone forgets Clarke's Third Law, and I quote:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Obviously Google is advanced sufficiently and therefore magical.

bazz
09-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Obviously Google is advanced sufficiently and therefore magical.

neh, I think its the Web that is advanced and google is merely an application of it - a good one, granted, but and application - nonetheless. :)

bazz

iWonder
09-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Google usually lists dynamic links of higher ranked website or which it thinks is important .

personal exp: my site had PHPnuke , at first it used have PR 2 then only few links used to get listed .. when it wass PR 2-3 , google bots started crawling the dynamic links too (even with sessions) .

donno for sure , if it was based on ranking or it was the time when google changed way of searching . :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum