View Full Version : Calling js file prompts for password

hessodreamy
09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Suddenly on my site, any page calling a javascript file prompts for a password. Take out the call to the js file. It doesn't prompt. Put the js code directly into the html - it doesn't prompt. Call a js file with nothing in it - it prompts. So I can't call the js files. They're not password protected or in a password protected directory. I'm really stumped, especially as it only started happening suddenly.

Here's the script that's in the file, it's pretty harmless, and, like I said, I still get a password prompt if I take the content out of the js file.

I'm beat. Anyone got any ideas?

<script>
<!--
function mouseon(obj)//storefont mouseover
{
obj.style.border='2px solid orange';

}
function mouseoff(obj)
{
obj.style.border='2px solid white';
}

function popUpPic(picgoal,picname,picwidth, picheight) {
var winFeatures = "status=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,width="+picwidth+",height="+picheight+"screenX=50,screenY=50,top=50,left=50";
//width="+picwidth+",height="+picheight+"
var PicWin=window.open("","",winFeatures);
PicWin.document.open();
PicWin.document.writeln('<html>');
PicWin.document.writeln('<head>');
PicWin.document.writeln('<title>'+picname+'</title>');
PicWin.document.writeln('</head>');
PicWin.document.writeln('<body background = "'+picgoal+'">');

PicWin.document.writeln('</body>');
PicWin.document.writeln('</html>');
PicWin.document.close();
}

function popUpOffer(url)
{
var winFeatures = "status=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=600,height=250, screenX=50,screenY=50,top=50,left=50";

var PicWin=window.open(url,"", winFeatures);
return false;
}
-->
</script>

TNO
09-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Sounds to me like a server-side issue. Out of curiosity though, could you give an example page where the password prompt is given?

hessodreamy
09-20-2005, 12:42 PM
What, a link to the page?
Can do, I'd have to edit the page and upload it somewhere safe but can do it if thats what you mean?

TNO
09-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes, please do. A little context might help.

hessodreamy
09-20-2005, 02:45 PM
actually its been fixed now. Someone on another forum said it looked like the actio nof an .htaccess file. lo and behold there was a naughty little htaccess file in the directory which shouldn't have been there.
Problem solved. Thanks for help anyway.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum