View Full Version : How to use the gif image that says 'Loading'

ssskaya
09-18-2005, 04:03 PM
I have just finished a page whose content is generated via a couple of rss feeds.

However, it takes about 20 seconds for the parser to retrieve all the content, and till then, the page shows blank. (It loads all at once when all the data is retrieved.)

I need to use a gif image that says 'loading' in order not to make the visitor think that the page is empty.

Can you please advise a script which will display that gif image until when the parser gets its job done?

Thanks!

bcarl314
09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
A simple anwser would be to include a <meta refresh tag to redirect the user. Another good idea would be to cache the rss data locally and read from the cache. That way, you only have the http requests ever 30 minutes instead of every page load. You could use either a database or a file system to cache the files.

Just some ideas.

ssskaya
09-18-2005, 08:43 PM
But I am looking for a way which will help the 'loading image display process' syncronize with the 'fetch process'.

Because these scripts have to talk to each other in order for the ''loading image display process' to end JUST WHEN the fetching is complete.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum