View Full Version : IE Web Developer Toolbar

jkd
09-18-2005, 12:44 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

Just noticed this on my morning blog runs. Seems to be the Trident-equivalent of the Firefox Web Developer Toolbar (not that I've used it).

NeilKelty
09-19-2005, 05:14 AM
It's not that cool, I like Firefox's better...hmm what a concept FF's toolbar is better (act surprised).

_Aerospace_Eng_
09-19-2005, 07:01 AM
It made my version of IE freeze up. I'm using 6.02

primexx
09-19-2005, 07:22 AM
How can you not think that MS ripped off Firefox, jeesh...

Firefox has tabbed browsing, IE7 is adding it, Firefox is extension based, MS is making extensions for IE, Firefox has a web dev toolbar, IE, just happens to have one thats the exact same name and functions...

They even rip the extensions off of firefox, for crying out loud!

(im aware of the fact that the actual possibility of them just ripping of the firefox toolbar is very few.)

JamieR
09-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I haven't tried it yet however I feel that M$ are trying to improve IE, but only doing so by looking at what it's competitors have and then adding it into IE. Okay, they are much needed improvements to a browser which is long over due an update. In terms of Firefox's web developer toolbar, I feel lost when using an installation that doesn't have it installed ;)
In terms of Microsoft's one, I'm betting that it doesn't have all the features that Firefox's one has :p

Jamie.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum