View Full Version : is it possible to emulate F11 button using a link javascript

graziano
09-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I tried (without found a solution) to create a "text link" pointing to a javascript function with the aim to emulate the pressing of Windows F11 button (which maximize or minimize current browser window) .

I tried and tried again also searching on google for javascript code but I still cannot find a solution .

Do you have any idea ? it should not open a new window , it should work also in frames , it should work exactly F11 windows button . How to realize it ?

martin_narg
09-17-2005, 03:43 PM
...emulate the pressing of Windows F11 button (which maximize or minimize current browser window) .
F11 doesn't minimize/maximize it full-screens the window...

Look into window.open() using the fullscreen parameter as a user-inititated event.

m_n

rm-f
09-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Javascript emulated key events would be a high security risk. For that reason they have not been inplemented.

felgall
09-18-2005, 01:45 AM
The window.open method can only open a new window full screen in some web browsers. The parameter to do that is not part of the standards and is therefore not recognised by most browsers.

martin_narg
09-18-2005, 01:48 AM
The window.open method can only open a new window full screen in some web browsers. The parameter to do that is not part of the standards and is therefore not recognised by most browsers.

Yep, I agree, but it's the closest thing (even if not fully supported) to the F11 keypress.

m_n

Simply plain
09-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi;
Follow this link and i think it might be what you are looking for,as said it uses the open window method so therefore it only works in MSIE:
http://www.javascript-page.com/open2full.html

I hope this helps,
Simply plain

Bill Posters
09-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi;
Follow this link and i think it might be what you are looking for,as said it uses the open window method so therefore it only works in MSIE:
http://www.javascript-page.com/open2full.html

I hope this helps,
Simply plain
Most, if not all, js-enabled UAs support the window.open method. It's the fullscreen attribute of the window features that is IE-specific.

jkd
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Javascript emulated key events would be a high security risk. For that reason they have not been inplemented.

You can fire key events in Gecko and it's DOM3 implementation of TextEvent plus dispatchEvent(). However, it operates below the UI level (afaik), so it's safe.

rm-f
09-18-2005, 11:09 PM
You can fire key events in Gecko and it's DOM3 implementation of TextEvent plus dispatchEvent(). However, it operates below the UI level (afaik), so it's safe.

I would appreciate if you could post a sample code to emulate ENTER or F11 keypress (if possible for Mozilla and/or IE)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum