View Full Version : phpdev

OwenBerg
09-17-2005, 03:18 AM
I notice that a few people on this forum seem to be using phpdev, so I thought this is a good place to start!

I have been given a pen drive with phpdev's amp installation on it - it's great and mostly works fine, but I have a problem with sessions!

I know I am writing my sessions correctly and when I check in the tmp folder in the root of my pen drive, I can see that sessions have been created, so that doesn't seem to be a problem... the problem I am having is recalling the information from that session!

I don't get any errors at all, I just get returned to the log in page on the site I am writing, where as the log in page should be hidden as soon as the session is created.

The relevant section from phpinf:
Session Support enabled

Directive Local Value Master Value
session.auto_start Off Off
session.cache_expire 180 180
session.cache_limiter nocache nocache
session.cookie_domain no value no value
session.cookie_lifetime 0 0
session.cookie_path / /
session.cookie_secure Off Off
session.entropy_file no value no value
session.entropy_length 0 0
session.gc_maxlifetime 1440 1440
session.gc_probability 1 1
session.name PHPSESSID PHPSESSID
session.referer_check no value no value
session.save_handler files files
session.save_path /tmp /tmp
session.serialize_handler php php
session.use_cookies On On
session.use_trans_sid 1 1

I don't really want to be copying php.ini to my windows folder everytime I use the pen drive, and I wouldn't have thought that necessary because the sessions are obviously being saved!

My browser seems to report that there has been a cookie saved for the session, and I can't even call the session information back by passing the session ID through the URL (unless I am missing something!).

I hope somebody can help me - I can't be the only person who has experienced this!!!

firepages
09-17-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi , try setting the session save path as an absolute path (hardly ideal I know for the usb thing) and see at least if that works ..

session.save_path $usb:/tmp

+ are you accessing the session data correctly e.g. with
echo $_SESSION['session_var'];
?

OwenBerg
09-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks - it does all work, I was calling the sessions incorrectly!! :rolleyes:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum