View Full Version : Simple Javascript Menu

a4udi
09-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Okay, I can't believe I can't find this (I've searched, yes!) but I want a very basic javascript menu that I can attach to my images.

So, I've got my nav images in a vertical row on the left hand side of the page, and when I rollover I just want a submenu to appear to the right which I can add more sections too. Does anyone know off the top of their head something that would do the trick for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :D

nikkiH
09-16-2005, 01:48 PM
HVMenu (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/)allows you to use images (rollovers) for the links and can have as many submenus as you want.

a4udi
09-17-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Is there any way to have it move with the page, for instance if my webpage is centered, to have it stay over the same spot on the page when the user resized the browser?

nikkiH
09-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Not sure what you mean, but you can use either relative or absolute positioning with that one. Read the README type file that comes with. It says how to do that.

NimbusSoftware
09-19-2005, 05:22 PM
look for this line...

var TargetLoc=''; // span id for relative positioning
in exmplmenu_var.js. Change the '' to 'movingSpan'. In your web page add...

<span id='movingSpan' style='positon:reletive'></span>
That should work.

a4udi
09-25-2005, 05:26 PM
NimbusSoftware, I made a couple tweaks to your code, but that worked perfectly! Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum