View Full Version : want to redesign, have no ideas.

Ranger56
09-16-2005, 02:06 AM
I want to redesign my band's website now that i have photoshop.

( :D )

The only problem is, that I have absolutley no idea what I want. If anyone has any ideas please, please, let me know. I'm desperate.

Ranger56
09-17-2005, 04:30 AM
no one has any ideas?

Neno
09-17-2005, 08:00 AM
The only problem is, that I have absolutley no idea what I want.

I think you have answered your own question.

A website is nothing if it doesn't serve some idea or has a purpose; if you came up with a song that had no message, what would the song be about?

Website is just a showcase of your products/ services/ skills/ personal... info and will not do anything else for you by itself. You have to have your own idea on what you want. Other people can't. Or don't care.

Crake
09-17-2005, 10:53 AM
true...so your site is about your band so redisign the site for you band im assuming its a rock band so have pictures of guitars and drums etc or take a photo of your band playing.......theres two ideas photoshop should help you along the way :thumbsup:

redhead
09-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Try taking a look around at other bands websites, especially those in a similar genre to your own. Perhaps you'll encounter some inspiration somewhere. That said, don't just rip off another site, whatever you choose to do - make it your own :)

JamieR
09-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I know how you feel mate - my site needs a overhaul, got no ideas or inspiration :mad:

evo
09-17-2005, 02:50 PM
You've not a designers view on things. Go outside, and look around at the little things, they'll give you ideas.

You know that you can do what you are thinking when you go out, see something and think, "yeah, I could use that", or "that would look nice on..." and so forth.

My suggestion would be to actually do a design course, so you learn the finer points of design. They are open to everyone, and are no way expensive. Your local college will be able to offer you something well within an affordable price range.

Also, read books, it stimulates the creative side of your mind. It'll help you a lot. With that said, you'd get ideas with a flash, and the design courses will help you put thoughts onto paper fluidly. I say paper, simply because if you start on screen first, you will go through different tangents and finish with something completely different to what you wanted to have in the first place.

Edit: also look at leaflets, pamphlets for existing things to help too.

Have fun.

:)

Kurashu
09-17-2005, 09:14 PM
...if you came up with a song that had no message, what would the song be about?

A song by the Aquabats, that what the song would be. =)

Anyways, look around the web and outside. Those are the two places you'll most likely be inspried at.

JamieR
09-17-2005, 09:52 PM
You've not a designers view on things. Go outside, and look around at the little things, they'll give you ideas.

You know that you can do what you are thinking when you go out, see something and think, "yeah, I could use that", or "that would look nice on..." and so forth.

My suggestion would be to actually do a design course, so you learn the finer points of design. They are open to everyone, and are no way expensive. Your local college will be able to offer you something well within an affordable price range.

Also, read books, it stimulates the creative side of your mind. It'll help you a lot. With that said, you'd get ideas with a flash, and the design courses will help you put thoughts onto paper fluidly. I say paper, simply because if you start on screen first, you will go through different tangents and finish with something completely different to what you wanted to have in the first place.

Edit: also look at leaflets, pamphlets for existing things to help too.

Have fun.

:)

Thanks mate, noted :)

I sometimes think I should have taken Art for GCSE however I'd probably be bored stiff for a certain amount of time. I see what you mean about going to different places and getting inspiration - that's what I need ;)

Jamie.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum