View Full Version : Capturing text from javascript for use in Zencart

mk1_salami
09-16-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi All,

I've recently been getting familiar with the Zencart shopping cart system. I find that the system works well for off-the-shelf products, but our website will be selling bottles of wine and spirits with personalised labels.

I'd like to create a slick solution where the user can choose a label design, and then it will open a new page where they can choose the text on their label. The text should update realtime. I was thinking some sort of javascript would be capable of this? ie: displaying an image the user clicks on, and laying text with a particular font over the top. Much like THIS: Website (http://www.petitewines.co.uk/cgi-bin/jump_labels.cgi?cat=2x68&resource_id=72&qty=12&label=672&label_name=001.%20Any%20Background&task=personalise)
Now the PHP/MySQL bit !

I really am a newbie when it comes to PHP coding. Using Zencart I can create user editable text fields for a product, which I will see when the order goes through.

Is it possible to pre-populate these text fields using the entries the user put in on the Javascript page (where they previewed and accepted their Design).

If anyone can help me accomplish this I'd be hugely grateful. I feel like Ive hit a brick wall with my web design skills with this.

rm-f
09-17-2005, 02:04 AM
It is possible, but the design is going to be very limited.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum