View Full Version : Installing phpdev on a USB-stick

09-15-2005, 02:18 PM

this week a visited the website of firepages (phpdev) and found out that it should be possible to put a complete apache/ php installation on a usb stick. Because I really find this a usefull solution, I decided to give it a go!

However I'm experiencing some difficulties, which I hope can be solved with the help of this forum.

Let me start me of by saying that I've used a slightly different method than explained on the website, since I want to use Apache 1.3 and php 4.2.3.

I copied the suggested structure of the website, with some modifications:

In the Apache folder I copied the complete Apache installation of a previous phpdev423 installation. In the php folder I copied the php installation of the same phpdev423 installation.

Furthermore I modified php.ini, start.bat, start.php and http.conf (see attachements).

The problem I'm now experiencing is that when I click start.bat I get the following error: "This application has failed to start because php4ts.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

The .dll is present in the file structure (usb/php/sapi/), but I'm not sure where to link to this .dll.

I hope anyone has some suggestions on how to get my apache/ php installation to work on an usb-stick.

Thanx in advance,

09-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi , try putting the php4ts.dll in
that way apache should find it