View Full Version : Server.CreateObject Failed

designer_bhutan
09-13-2005, 09:51 AM
hi

i have a form in my site which is generated as mail, i have shifted to a new hosting company and using this code:

strSubject = "Article" & " " & num
strToEmail = "xyz@xyz.com"
Set objCDONTS = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objCDONTS.From = namef
objCDONTS.To = strToEmail
objCDONTS.Subject = strSubject
objCDONTS.BodyFormat=0
objCDONTS.MailFormat=0
objCDONTS.Importance = 1 objCDONTS.Body = HTML
objCDONTS.Send
Set objCDONTS = Nothing

this code is working perfectly before, but i dont know with the new hosting provider it gives me error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/beta/pages/sendarticle.asp, line 125

800401f3

i made a contact with the support they told me to use SMTP 127.0.0.1 which i dont really know what it is, pls. help..

Spudhead
09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
i made a contact with the support they told me to use SMTP 127.0.0.1 which i dont really know what it is, pls. help..

It sounds like they're telling you that the mail server - which you'll be sending emails through - is residing on the webserver. Which is fairly useless knowledge at this point. What you want to know from them is which ASP email components they have installed on the webserver, because it doesn't look like they have the one you're trying to use.

nikkiH
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
(more than likely...)
It means they don't support the outdated CDONTS anymore and use CDOSYS (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_techsel_tech_2.asp).

neocool00
09-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I would agree w/ Nikki and would inquire with the hosting company what you should use to send e-mails via ASP. Server.CreateObject failed and I'm willing to bet that line 125 is this: Set objCDONTS = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail"), which means your object did not get created (because it probably doesn't exist on the server).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum