View Full Version : 2 tables side by side. possible?

mat
09-25-2002, 06:09 AM
I want to do this like below. I know i could just make that left side table another column but if i can make it another table it makes things much much easier with that i'm doing.

http://www.theory1.orcon.net.nz/tables.gif

how do you do it though? is it possible

mat
09-25-2002, 07:26 AM
So you can't really do that , i'll just have to basically put the tables in two cells side by side.

In terms of putting tables inside tables, is there a limt to how many times? I mean apart from it being very complicated can it cause errors etc?

mat,

MCookie
09-25-2002, 07:47 AM
The more tables you nest, the longer it takes for a browser to render them. Browsers don't like nested tables.
A member of this forum once made a page with about 50 tables on it, nested 8 levels deep. NN displayed only the header of the page and then stopped rendering. So, as a rule, never nest more then 3 levels deep.

dysfunctionGazz
09-25-2002, 10:18 AM
have you considered using frames? you could do four or just split the page in 2 and just have the top one as a header? I know a lot of people don't like frames but its an option I would consider. You then have the option of loading content into specific frames without reloading the others also, and it would almost certainly minimize the complexity of the page.

brothercake
09-25-2002, 10:29 AM
You could have the top table, and then tables 2 and 1, like:

<table width="100%" id="top"></table>

<table id="table2" align="left"></table>

<table id="table1"></table>

And it would come out like your picture

mat
09-25-2002, 11:48 AM
thanks for the info. I'm going to try those frames now, i earlier made it nested. I only went 3 levels deep though so i think it's o.k :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum