View Full Version : Skin Switch

sumbuddyrotha
09-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Hey, I was just looking at some sites where you could change the "skin" of the layout so that it had different themes. I was wondering if it would be possible to do that with my Xanga blog.
I imagine it would be just be something that would make the page load another code, but I don't know. I know only maybe intermediate HTML, and this is definitely in another realm of coding.
Thanks for any input.

_Aerospace_Eng_
09-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Nope not HTML, either javascript or a server side language. Seeing as how its xanga javascript might be all you got. Does Xanga allow javascript?

sumbuddyrotha
09-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Yes Javascript is allowed on Xanga. There's a box for entering Javascript. I don't know any of that; I've copied and pasted a few codes, but that's all.

_Aerospace_Eng_
09-05-2005, 08:15 AM
check this site out http://www.alistapart.com/stories/alternate/

sumbuddyrotha
09-06-2005, 04:33 AM
Wow. That totally lost me, but I'll try again. Do I need to make a file other than the images I used? For example, viewing the source for the page and putting it into a .html file or something? I have no idea about this stuff. The most CSS I've ever used was changing the color of the scrollbar and making the links turn a different color if you mouse over them.
Thanks for putting up with a coding moron like moi, though.

_Aerospace_Eng_
09-06-2005, 04:36 AM
You'll need to have multiple stylesheets. If you aren't too good with CSS yet then you might want to understand CSS first before you try and tackle a style changer.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum