View Full Version : Chilisoft asp

09-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Does anyone here have experience working under a chilisoft asp environment?
I work on IIS (at work) but I just tried to run one of my scripts on my own host that runs chilisoft and I'm having a hard time getting things working.

My first problem was with regexp but I got that issue solved - it was merely a syntax difference (I think, dont know if the code works, but it compiles heh)

The next problem I've come accrosss is .execute. I use this command a lot to execute sql queries. In the end I had to change them all to rs.open instead
The problem I have now is I'm also using execute to create a string from an array of variable names eg.

execute("strCode = strCode&"&order(i))
but i get this:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'execute'
is there a different command in chilisoft to do what i'm doing because I cant get execute to work at all, even with basic strings.

09-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Sorry I'm confused - do you mean ADODBConnection.Execute (http://www.devguru.com/technologies/ado/8546.asp) ?

If so, strCode should be a SQL statement (or stored proc name), it shouldn't be in quotes, and I'd do any string concatenation before you pass it into the function.

09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I've changed all my connection.execute statements to recordset.open sql, connection and they are working fine now.
execute can also be used to execute a string as if it was a statement - eg.

I want to do this

strCode = strCode & a

where 'a' is a variable that contains a string
however the names of the variables that I want to append to the string strCode are stored in an array order().
so the execute command can be used to execute the string "strCode = strCode & a" as a statement.

execute("strCode = strCode&"&order(i))

This works fine on IIS but not when working with chilisoft and I cannot find an alternative or a reason why the command would fail

09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
sorry if I caused confusion with the conn.execute part of my post.
I really just want to know what (if any) the alternative to execute is when using chillisoft asp rather than running on iis.