View Full Version : Club site..

08-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi all,

Would anyone mind having a look at my site..

I built it for the social club I'm on the committee of. This is the final of about 5 different incarnations, each getting a bit better as I've learned a bit more. I'm still trying to come up with something a bit more interesting for the textual content of the home page, as this is almost entirely cobbled together from one I built on freeservers a long time ago, so I know that bit probably sucks a bit.. :D

I am however, quite chuffed with this page, which I only finished yesterday..

The site is designed for the locals here, so although I've included lots of meta stuff, that was really just for my own benefit.. :eek:

Cheers in advance

ps.. the green theme is because the whole of the area is known as the Pines, a developed pine forest that is very green.. :thumbsup:

08-30-2005, 09:44 AM
I think this could be good but these are a few of my personal opinions on what should be changed.

O The button style navigation should be changed
O The title should have a transparent backround
O The way you have enphasised text should be changed to maybe bold text.

08-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi, and thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Those buttons took me more than a fortnight to do.. :eek: it was about 2 days after I'd heard the term css, and obviously a few months down the line I know that there is nothing complicated in them but I sweated at the time.. :D

I'm getting relatively competant at this now, so I'll probably try something different fairly soon.

The title is a real bugbear.. with this being just the latest in a long line of different ones I've tried. The problem being that we don't have any sort of logo for the club that I could use.. for instance. This means that I just get bored with seeing it and then just knock up another one.. :rolleyes:

Re: the text, is there a specific page that you could point me to? I've got so many different styles that I just err.. style.. :) everytime I want something a bit different that the css is starting to make XP look surprisingly unbloated.. :)

Again thanks for the input,

09-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Look at the image for what text i think should be changed to maybe bold with no border or fill.

P.S. Please excuse the quality of the image as it had to be greatly compressed

09-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi MW,

thanks for the piccy. I've been a bit busy the last day or two, but I got there eventually. :thumbsup: I've changed all but one of the texts there. I think that now all the others are changed, just having the one (bookmark) button in that style seems OK.. you're right, it does clean up the layout a great deal. The only thing I left was a bg for hovering, but that helps to confirm that it is indeed a link?? :)

Thanks again.

09-04-2005, 02:57 PM
It's , erm, very square. Need some roundness putting into the site. Round the buttons off, and corners of all your 'sections'. Colours could do with changing too, pastel colours are boring