View Full Version : Email Form Vs Email Link

08-26-2005, 10:20 PM

Any reason to use a fill in the blank style email form over an email link. (the email address is listed in the text so any other reason other than a spam guard?)

08-27-2005, 04:12 AM
Not just a spam guard, but it also makes sure you get the information you want from the user is what you want to receive. Also, the user might not have a default email client installed, so they'd have to go through the hassle of loading up their webmail just to send a comment to you, which is also where the form comes in handy, as they can just do it there and then

08-27-2005, 04:20 AM
yeah, definately what Nightfire was getting at: you're gonna piss people off if they have to open up another app just as they're in a flow.

Bradyj's Dotfive is a good example of covering both bases: give people a choice :)

08-27-2005, 12:06 PM
I prefer the email form. It keeps everything under one roof and is, as already said, a spam guard.

08-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I find that if you have a contact form, people are MUCH more likely to contact you. It's just soo...easy. Completely removes the necessity of firing up a mail application or going to your web-based email.

But yeah, having both a link and a form never hurts :)

08-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Sorry for my late reply. Hard to find inet when you don't have power (hurricanes and such)

Thanks all, i will do both.

09-02-2005, 01:33 AM
i prefer email form too but i also include a link to my email just in case the users for some reason dont like using the email form