08-24-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi,
Do you know how to make a text box where a person can write to it... example

question #1:

What are the nutrients in an apple?

------------------------------------------------
Textbox

------------------------------------------------

The textbox should auto scrolls... so the one having an exam can write as much as he wants....Then after he write something in that textbox he can press a button... "Finalize" or "submit" then the text will be input in the same page... (just like writing in a Forum after you press submit new thread).... it should be written in correct format like in times new roman.... then there should be a "PRINT" button so the examinee can print the aswers that he inserted in that Text box. Is that clear?

ronaldb66
08-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Is that clear? Hardly.
Sounds like a HTML form, submitting the text typed to some sort of server side function storing and displaying the text(s).
Questions:

How do you want to store these texts? Database, XML, flat file?
Do you want to store these texts?
Should anyone be able to do this, or do you need some sort of user registration / administration?
Should this live in some sort of restricted environment, like an Intranet, or on the Web?

Tristan Gray
08-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Do you have support for PHP on your server because if not this is going to be a clumsy and ill-fated attempt in my opinion.

I'm guessing this is some kind of "TEST YOUR IQ ONLINE!" type thing, right?

askman
08-25-2005, 05:11 AM
Hardly.
Sounds like a HTML form, submitting the text typed to some sort of server side function storing and displaying the text(s).
Questions:

How do you want to store these texts? Database, XML, flat file?
Do you want to store these texts?
Should anyone be able to do this, or do you need some sort of user registration / administration?
Should this live in some sort of restricted environment, like an Intranet, or on the Web?

Not necessarily database... IT's a CD format... it means that the WEBPAGE will be stored in a CD, (...no need to store those text... at least for now... the output will be the Printed Paper.... nothing more) Anyone can be able to do this no need for user registration/administration.... It's not in the intranet.. or the web... just in CD.....
What is the right script if you want to make an "essay" type of exam, then after the examinee finished typing in a certain "textbox" (you know... just like typing here in the forum after you press submit what you typed here will display in a proper format, color, size, etc... but it's also ok if it will only display in the screen in Times New Roman font) then after it displays on the screen, there is a "Print" button that will Print all of the examinee's Answers no matter how long his answer is. That's all...

Given the situation... You were simply asked to make a code that will be used for "self-examination" in CD, of course the examinee wants to submit his answers by Printing it in paper... the exams are essay type... The result should be a printed paper with the questions and the answers in it... but you don't have to use MSWord... It must be a web-page...

I recieved a code: <input name="button" type="button" onclick="window.print()" value="print"/>

This will only print the input text in the Textbox but not all what you typed in the textbox... it was some sort of a Print screen... it doesn't cover all the typos below if you scroll down....

OK THANKS

askman
08-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Do you have support for PHP on your server because if not this is going to be a clumsy and ill-fated attempt in my opinion.

I'm guessing this is some kind of "TEST YOUR IQ ONLINE!" type thing, right?

This is definitely not an IQ test online. It is an essay questions for serious education and it requires you to pass your papers... your hard copy of your examination. The questions and your answers should be in it. Now I need the code for that... using Textbox or whatever is necessary... that's the problem. Whatever the solution will be, the output should be the Paper with questions and their complete answers in it... It is in CD format not online... no servers... that's it.. i hope it's clear.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum