View Full Version : Google IM is here!

Ranger56
08-24-2005, 05:57 AM
http://www.google.com/talk/

add me if you wish, ohmygodninjas [[at]] gmail [[dot]] com

jkd
08-24-2005, 06:56 AM
I hopped online to the jabber server before they opened the website... they sent a global message out when it went public "The broken link has been fixed. Thanks for being out first users!" or something to that extent. Was pretty cool. :)

Been using it with iChat... anxious for Google to release OSX and Linux clients. Also, I hope they install some transports on it, so I can use AIM/MSN/Yahoo through it.

rmedek
08-24-2005, 07:29 AM
It's about time for bed but I'm going to wait until Google brushes my teeth for me and tucks me into bed. I mean, they do everything else...

:D

I must be the only person in the world without a Gmail account...

Tristan Gray
08-24-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't have one because the extra space means nothing to me and any free e-mail account makes you sound like a l33t h4><0r.

jkd
08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't have one because the extra space means nothing to me and any free e-mail account makes you sound like a l33t h4><0r.

The social networking aspect of aquiring a Gmail account seems to lend it more credibility than say, a hotmail or yahoo account.

Antoniohawk
08-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Very happy to see this happening even though I was working on implementing a chat system into gmail. Oh well, I'm sure they've done a better job than I would have. :)

Exis
08-24-2005, 11:04 PM
add me if you wish, ohmygodninjas [[at]] gmail [[dot]] com

That is probably the most RAD gmail name to date! :cool:

Ranger56
08-25-2005, 01:05 AM
That is probably the most RAD gmail name to date! :cool:

Probably!

I only use it when I'm signing up for stuff thats i know is gonna spam me, though.

coleProtocol
09-10-2005, 08:22 AM
They've had Hello (http://hello.com) for a lot longer, but Talk seems to be more generalized.

brothercake
09-11-2005, 10:52 AM
The social networking aspect of aquiring a Gmail account seems to lend it more credibility than say, a hotmail or yahoo account.
That's only fashion though, and at such, arbitrary - the same could become true of any provider at any point in time.

So this Google messenger - is it going to scan through messages and generate advertising based on keywords from it ...

JamieR
09-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Nice....I'm gonna have a play with it ;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum