View Full Version : how can I make the image slant using CSS ?

din100
08-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Is it possible to do that I want image bit slant with out using photoshop
I need the pic to look like this ---> http://tinypic.com/aysfq0.gif

any CSS code will be much appreciated. :)

bazz
08-23-2005, 11:52 AM
I dont know of a css code that will facilitate this but I'm not the expoert that some of the others here are.

However, If you have any conventional imaging software (I used to use Corel draw) you could turn the image in that and then save it as a transparent gif.

I expect someone will mention that GIMP could do that too - and it is free to download.

Bazz

din100
08-23-2005, 12:47 PM
yes thats what I do now. but it will be easy if I can do it automatically with CSS. I guess I can't :(

chilipie
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
AFAIK that's not possible with CSS (although there may be plans for the future). If you want to rotate multiple images like that, you could set up Photoshop with an automated batch script.

mrruben5
08-23-2005, 01:43 PM
The css 3 specification allows it AFAIK.

Spudhead
08-23-2005, 02:00 PM
If you have access to a server-side scripting language - and can install stuff on your server - then you could do this on the fly with Imagemagick (http://www.imagemagick.com).

din100
08-23-2005, 02:31 PM
hmm I got a managed server with one&one so I dont think they will let me install any thing tho :(

so for the time being photoshop batch file the way to go I guess. :(

when css 3 is coming out ?

thanks again

chilipie
08-23-2005, 02:42 PM
when css 3 is coming out ?http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work

Although there probably won't be full support from the different browsers for years.

bazz
08-23-2005, 05:53 PM
chilipie, you just made me think a bit :)

If the w3c can build css3 and test it right now, what browser are they using. And why can't we have it? Anyone know the answer?

Bazz

Magic_Clock
08-23-2005, 05:57 PM
If you have a Flash MX then yes you can tilt the pic. but other wise you have to something in edit

mrruben5
08-23-2005, 06:01 PM
chilipie, you just made me think a bit :)

If the w3c can build css3 and test it right now, what browser are they using. And why can't we have it? Anyone know the answer?

Bazz
The job of W3C is not to test browsers for specifications, they invent/think the css specification. Look at html 4.0 and 4.01. WHo made it? W3C. Testing these standards is up to the makers of the browser.

Tristan Gray
08-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Uhhh... that claim is ridiculous. I would eat my hat if they do not have an internal version of Amaya or something to test things out with. They can't set standards without testing some of their abstract conceptual ideas to see if they are in fact logical to implement. True that they would only do bare-bones testing but obviously they do some.

The reason you can't have the browser is that it is likely not a fully functioning browser and for the same reasons you can't have IE 7 right now or any next generation browser still in development.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum