View Full Version : border issue IE/FF

tns123j
08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
http://shanahanfootball.com

Viewed in IE green border is fine, Viewd in FF, border shifts down. it is simply a "border=2" line. Any help?

bazz
08-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi,

Did you know you've got two closing html tags? That's unlikely to be the cause of your difficulty but, try to validate your code (validator.w3.org) and see how you get on. Your code is a bit taggy and hard to follow so if you validate it, it might fix it and if not, it may help you find the cause.

Bazz

mrruben5
08-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Do you see why it is so important to validate your pages? You've got two body tags and that's the reason the preload script doesn't work.

Preload script's suck anyway. Do it with css.

Ranger56
08-23-2005, 02:17 AM
Do you see why it is so important to validate your pages? You've got two body tags and that's the reason the preload script doesn't work.

Preload script's suck anyway. Do it with css.

i HATEHATEHATE when people say that CSS preloads images, becuase it DOESN'T!! On the mouseover, you STILL get that second or two of nothing before the new image appears.

mrruben5
08-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Have you thought of using just one image? CSS does "preload" images if you do it the right way. After the images are loaded, it still takes time to swap the images, if you have like 30 rollover's on your page it becomes really slow. Believe me when I says CSS will never slow down your page.

Here. http://www.simplebits.com/notebook/2003/09/30/accessible_imagetab_rollovers.html

If you think I want custom text, sure, easy.

#menu a { text-indent: -999em; overflow:hidden; } So now you've hidden the text and you can use a bg image instead of normal image to show your button/navimage/whatever. The best is when the browser doesn't support styles, You can serve them text, instead of images wich might look very odd (anyone not using border="0" on images inside a hyperlink knows what I mean, stupid blue border!) , and have a clean coded navigation menu.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum