View Full Version : JavaScript beginner, please help!

ssingru
08-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I want my index page to automatically open in a fixed sixe (width=750, height=800, without scrollbars, menubar, or status bar) when the visitor types the URL of my site. Can someone suggest a simple code for this?

Thanks

Single Paradox
08-17-2005, 10:28 PM
<body onload="window.open('pageURL','windowName','scrollbars=no,height=X,width=X,location=no,status=no');">

SpirtOfGrandeur
08-17-2005, 10:30 PM
I want my index page to automatically open in a fixed sixe (width=750, height=800, without scrollbars, menubar, or status bar) when the visitor types the URL of my site. Can someone suggest a simple code for this?
Thanks

No you really don't. People will not view your site. And most off alot of people will block it because of built in pop-up blockers.

Single Paradox
08-17-2005, 10:32 PM
True, I should have said that, if you don't care about if people are leaving your site, have a link that opens a pop up because pop up blockers don't stop that. Most people will find that annoying but do as you wish.

ssingru
08-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks for your advice, the pop-up blocker issue had not occured to me. Can someone please post a script which will enable me to link from one page to another, where the linked window is of a specific size with no scroll or menu bars?

Thanks again.

martin_narg
08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
have a look at window.open (http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/ecmascript/quickref/win_open.html)

But realistically, try and use css for layout/etc - much better all round.

Hope this helps

m_n

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum