View Full Version : vid on myspace

alfie
08-12-2005, 02:42 AM
how do i get this vid...http://www.ifilm.com/WMPPlaylist.asx?l=-225148983&ifilmId=2677572&bandwidth=200 on myspace??? what code do i use with it in my profile for it to appear on the profile screen???

thanks

alfie
08-12-2005, 02:44 AM
wrong link actually, but what code do i use?

alfie
08-12-2005, 02:48 AM
http://www.ifilm.com/player/WMPPlaylist.asx?l=-225148983&ifilmId=2671014&bandwidth=200
heres the linky

mark87
08-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Please don't triple post! :(

I gave up trying to find the URL of the video after a few mins... But here's the way to embed a video... kind of deprecated but I'm sure you won't mind too much.

<embed autoplay="true" src="YourVideoSourceGoesHere.Extension" type="application/x-mplayer2" width="320" height="265" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" AutoSize="true" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0" </embed>

Tristan Gray
08-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm a little unclear as to where this is being used but on a profile page on any reasonably-coded website you will not be able to have a video as your profile picture unless you take some frames from it and make it an animated gif. And even then it will likely violate size restrictions.

mark87
08-12-2005, 01:42 PM
You can have videos on a myspace page... many people do it... too many. :rolleyes:

Tristan Gray
08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Well... I did say reasonably coded. I know that if I were running a database of users with blogs and what not I would not allow them to put videos for their picture. heh.

mark87
08-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Well they allow html tags but filter javascript and some things which could lead to exploits.

Tristan Gray
08-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I just wouldn't want videos because they are extraneous and suck bandwidth and if I had everyone using videos as their profile image my bandwidth would be through the roof. Sure bigger companies worry less about that sort of thing but it is still silly because money is money and it is a needless waste.

JamieR
08-12-2005, 03:22 PM
You can have videos on a myspace page... many people do it... too many. :rolleyes:

I've got a lot of anger for the myspace people who just don't care about other people's websites. I pay for my site, my bandwidth and my domain yet I have loads of these kids ripping images offf my site - I'm using loads of bandwidth just because of them so I'm now forced to put anti-hotlinking measures in place (Well I will do, when I get round to it...) :rolleyes:

Tristan Gray
08-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah man, it is no good. Bandwidth is crazy, who is your host? What do you pay for bandwidth in the read per month?

JamieR
08-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Well I don't go over my bandwidth limit it's just annoying that I'm paying for other people to use it on their site, if you know what I mean. My host is WebMania - www.web-mania.co.uk. I pay for my hosting yearly, ok, it might only be 23 a year but I'm still getting ripped off by people on Myspace who don't give a t*ss about others.

]|V|[agnus
08-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Reasonably coded... MySpace? Hahaha...

Tristan Gray
08-12-2005, 09:23 PM
No kidding... yeah I just was more wondering what you do pay IF you go over your bandwidth limit? I've never had bandwidth problems but hopefully come this fall one of my sites will actually be popular enough to have to address this. I am a little paranoid but my friend runs my hosting company so I'd be alright if it got out of hand he'd just disable my account rather than ask me for a tonne of cash. I just wonder what the going rate for overdrawn bandwidth is.

Ugh, myspace is the hell of the internet. I have seen some scary pages and strangely enough it is not from the people like spiderseatbabies but more from the "keke i <3 mY bF!1 4Lyf3!" kind of people. Colours that I didn't even know existed.

mark87
08-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Reasonably coded... MySpace? Hahaha...

lol, it really is bad isn't it!

I mean, the way they let you customise your profile is by entering CSS everywhere. The page is already very poorly designed with a table layout, and if you look at the source of a page you'll see that it's damn big!

Then you get all those kids plastering tonnes of images and videos all over the place. Not good.

And I won't even dwell on the fact that the creator has access to 1000's of teenagers details.... *shudders*.

Tristan Gray
08-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, what I love is when I get hired to convert existing old webpages into new ones... And the page is basically like a weak background image with text and some dividers (not so bad in itself) and then I look at the source code and it's like three pages long. I just have to shake my head.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum