View Full Version : Simple popup that can't be blocked?

lessdangerous
08-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Our business is in the process of moving to a new loaction, and we've decided to let everyone know by adding a popup graphic to the index page of our website. I don't have a lot of experience in writing popup scripts, so I just have a basic one set up right now.

My problem is that this popup is being blocked by IE on computers running with XP service pack two, and probably by other popup software on other machines. I understand the reason why people don't want popups, but this isn't exactly spam we're adding to our site, just a simple notice.

Is there a simple script out there that'll popup our "moving" graphic without it being blocked?

Philip M
08-11-2005, 08:44 PM
"Is there a simple script out there that'll popup our "moving" graphic without it being blocked?"

Well, no, because if there was someone would write another script to block the unblocking. Geddit?.

lessdangerous
08-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Well sure I understand. I just didn't know if these things were smart enough to filter out the spam but leave certain things alone. And if they were, how would my script to qualify as one of those certain things. But if there isn't, thats all you have to say.

nikkiH
08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
You can use a fake popup by using a div that is hidden/unhidden.
Many of us really hate those and would prefer you just put a text notice up, but hey. If you want to do it, it's done all over the place, mainly for advertisements. Just find one and get the code and use it for your notice thing.
Dynamic Drive probably has a script or three like this.

Willy Duitt
08-12-2005, 02:55 AM
http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75636

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum