View Full Version : two background images

Blackmes
08-11-2005, 05:17 AM
I don't know if this is possible, but i want to use two images as a background-image. I need two borders at the top and the bottom to match the tables within, and i can't just use one image with the apporite height settings, becasue IE and FF have different BR sizes ect.

so is there any way i can get one image to be the background to repeat at the top, and the other to do the same at the bottom?

thanks. :thumbsup:

_Aerospace_Eng_
08-11-2005, 05:18 AM
You would need to set a background to the body and then use a containing div and set the background of that.

mark87
08-11-2005, 10:59 AM
You could try setting one for the html and body (I'm sure I've seen this work, but don't quote me on that!).

html { background: url(1.jpg) top no-repeat }
body { background: url(2.jpg) bottom no-repeat }

mrruben5
08-11-2005, 11:29 AM
The css 3 specification defines that it is possible to load more then 1 image. But since current browsers don't support this, you'll have to use nested div's. Or you could go and use the reommended tbody element and put a background on that too I guess.

by the way, for the br, you should set that with lineheight. eg

body {line-height: 1.5em;}

Blackmes
08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
thanks for the help, but i can't seem to get it to work.

can you give me an example of what you mean?
[i prefer using div's]

mrruben5
08-27-2005, 12:07 AM
.theimage1 { background: url(image1.jpg) no-repeat top left }
.theimage2 { background: url(image2.jpg) no-repeat bottom right }
<div class="theimage1"><div class="theimage2">Nesting.</div></div>It isn't very elegant, I know.

gsnedders
08-27-2005, 12:24 AM
The css 3 specification defines that it is possible to load more then 1 image. But since current browsers don't support this, you'll have to use nested div's. Or you could go and use the reommended tbody element and put a background on that too I guess.
Safari 1.3 and 2.0 support multiple backgrounds.

Blackmes
09-04-2005, 06:16 PM
thanks!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum