View Full Version : Please check out my Flash Forum Design

08-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Flash Version:

Non Flash:

Any comments will be so appreciated.
Thank you so in advance. :)

08-12-2005, 05:33 AM
The flash version looks like a great peice of work, but you really need some kind of homepage in there. When you get there it is blank, and I sat there waiting for something to load. And the high-tech design may confuse some people and scare away others, but besides that it looks great!

Just out of curiosity, how long did you work on that for? It truly looks amazing and seems like it took a long time to do.

Tristan Gray
08-12-2005, 02:00 PM
The flash forums is a feat of web development... but unfortunately in my opinion the end does not justify the work. Sure it is nifty and unique, but functionality-wise I prefer a simple clean-cut phpBB or even UBB style forum any day of the week. Interesting yes, but to be honest I would never use forums like that because it is too difficult to locate and view information versus other formats.

08-12-2005, 03:48 PM
The forums are actually called FlashBB. I think he just wants comments on its styling.

I don't see why advantage there is for the flash forums, as they're basically just another layer of processing to emulate what every OS already does for people... The behaviours could be achieved with CSS, HTML, and JS with XMLHTTPRequest. I don't like how each forum opens up in a very small 300x300 window. That window size is useless.

It's good proof of what ActionScript's capable of, but I think there would be better applications than a forum. A shopping cart, maybe.

08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Thank you so much for all your comments.

Even for myself, I dont think it's like a forum.
But what about in the future ? Become popular or better or replace with 3D environment ? like newsgroup Usenet to this Bulletin type . :)

08-18-2005, 06:10 PM
$5 is all it costs to own the rights to it

i don't see any style change to the one you can buy

"Please check out my Flash Forum Design "

so it's not really your design

08-21-2005, 07:22 PM
this must require a lot of effort. Nice work though!
I like the interactive elements, especially being able to change the theme.

But seriously, this type of forum is too complex to bring in the audience.
I would prefer a cleaner forum like this one. We are already very accustomed to the navigations.

Anyway, wonderful work you've got there.

08-22-2005, 07:37 PM

flash this flash that....$5 good for its price.... :D