View Full Version : sIFR Working in IE but not FF (using JS)
08-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I've got the following code working in IE, but not FF. It's tied to the sIFR method, but that isn't the problem here. It's because of the script tags. What's the best way to encode the following?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
08-10-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm not sure because you gave little to go on but is this what you're trying to do?
var varName = " test";
If so the reason it wasn't working is because the browser sees the </script> and thinks you forgot to terminate a string and it's at the end of the script. When you break it up into "<" and the "/script>" the browser doesn't recognize it as a closing tag.
08-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. However I tried what you listed and it didn't work . .
I don't get the poit... It works in FF as well
but the variable varName must be:
1. a global
2. set before runing the code
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
It is set up above ..
var varName = "";
varName = getParameter('vehicleName');
That works and displays the actual varName value in IE. However in FF, it displays the actual JS "doc write .. " code ..
08-10-2005, 04:58 PM
The code I posted works in Firefox and IE although there's not much point to it unless you're calling it in a loop or something.
Maybe if you can post your whole page we can get a better idea of what is going wrong.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.