View Full Version : Learning CSS and am fed up!

08-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm learning CSS and am FED up!!!
Can someone point me in the direction of a site / service where i can submit a PSD and have it chopped up into HTML using CSS to control the entire thing Ie: NO TABLES?

My client is getting angry and I don't really want to give them an old school HTML site with tables. I know it's not the way of the future.

I will learn - and am hoping to put together the rest of the site once the template is complete... but just not on my clients time, if you know what I mean!!

08-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Can have photoshop split images into css or tables. That's the simple way. Not the best way to have the code done, but it's the fastest and as you learn css better you can then just go over the site and update the code

08-09-2005, 12:38 AM
You can?!

Where do I choose that option? Im in Photoshop CS1?
THANKS for your help, I didn't even know that was a possibility!!!

08-09-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm no photoshop expert nor have I actually used this feature, but I have CS1 also.

It is called the "slice" tool and is that little X-Acto knife looking thing near the top of the toolbar. You may have to experiment with it a little bit because I honestly have no idea how it works.

Hope that helps!

08-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey bend3r,

Im familiar with the slice tool (and thats usually how I get the rough for my regular HTML tables). BUT

I still can't figure out how to specify that it should not be a table and controlled by CSS..

Thanks for your help anyway! Much appriciated!
Maybe someone else will know..

and if not.. know of anyone willing to slice it up and CSS it for a price?!

08-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Can't seem to find the setting. I did it with photoshop 5 or 6 when I had that.

08-09-2005, 01:43 AM
I have CS2, you should be able to save for web, once you hit save, you will see a settings drop down menu, if you choose 'other', you will get the output settings, you can tell PS to generate HTML/CSS. This isn't a wise idea since PS uses absolute positioning. I can slice, and code the psd for 35 US Dollars. I accept paypal payments, and I don't use tables. Turn around time is usually 3 days or less. You can contact me on yahoo instant messenger at apauloerau2003 or aol instant messenger at CCougs06

08-09-2005, 11:11 AM