View Full Version : Rate Please

darkstar87
07-30-2005, 11:48 PM
www.toxicglitch.5u.com this is my first HTML site.....if u could please put suggestions of what i should add or take away

Thanks

dispector
07-31-2005, 12:06 AM
Well there arent any graphics...and the form doesnt work. Id say you have some work to do

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-31-2005, 12:32 AM
This is in the wrong forum. Personally I don't even think you wrote the code for it. I asked you if you knew what XHTML was, you said no, but yet you have an xhtml doctype, xml style inputs. The XHTML is also really neat for it to be your first site.

mark87
07-31-2005, 12:33 AM
Sorry but Times New Roman... no graphics... no colours other than grey/black... :(

The coding is okay, as far as coding goes, ignoring the use of 'bgcolor'. But you're not using CSS at all, just the default styling for elements.

Change the font, something like Verdana is always good. Add some more colour; perhaps seperate the form from the rest of the page by placing it into a different coloured DIV, or add background colours to headings. Add some images. Think about the actual design rather than placing everything onto the page.

Finally, this should have been posted in the site reviews section. :)

darkstar87
07-31-2005, 06:31 AM
well im new to html coding....and everything and i ask questions on these forums but all ppl do is be dicks and wont awnser....o blah blah blah u have to have everyone for u....well bull**** i asked for format but aero has to *****...well on other forums ppl are way better with newbs and i hope u guys learn...

mark87
07-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Don't take anything said as a criticism. Firstly, you've done the right thing in coming to the forums! But in order for people to help you, you have to help yourself a bit first too. Google is your friend and will help you most of the time. Just keep learning and you'll do fine.

And good use of the English language also helps. :)

Ranger56
07-31-2005, 09:33 PM
well on other forums ppl are way better with newbs Then go away.

darkstar87
08-01-2005, 04:06 AM
well yea thanks mark...and uhhh im trying to learn at diff forums but all i get from here is bs...but i wanna keep trying

kuhlhost
08-01-2005, 11:16 PM
What are you asking us to review? All you've done is used standard HTML to put a very small amount of content onto a page. There is nothing to review and your forum is just a standard Invision Board with no extra templating.

Dude, if you don't know what your website should have in it, then ask the other Toxic Glitch fans. The other option is to just get rid of your HTML page altogether and move the forum back into your root directory.

Graft-Creative
08-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Don't take anything said as a criticism.

No way man, that's why I post for reviews on here: Tell me it's ****e, tell me this or that could be better. Why else post for a review?

As for the site in question, I suppose it's ok: if it works for the intended audience etc.

Chill man - if you want your back slapped and a golf clap then maybe another forum would be better - but CF being full of BS? I'm not having that!

Seriously, stick around - you've got some of the most talented, helpful, bend over backwards people on here, just ready to help & advise. Don't let a few (legitimate) negative comments put you off.

Gary

relyt_123
08-02-2005, 02:00 AM
well im new to html coding....and everything and i ask questions on these forums but all ppl do is be dicks and wont awnser....o blah blah blah u have to have everyone for u....well bull**** i asked for format but aero has to *****...well on other forums ppl are way better with newbs and i hope u guys learn...

dude...read the first topic in this section, it says "be prepared for criticism, if your not your not ready for a review"...

darkstar87
08-02-2005, 03:14 AM
yea well when i ask questions on these forums all i get is bull$hit so its oviously not ganna be good

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum