View Full Version : Pricing issue: intalling and skinning phpbb?

Graft-Creative
07-30-2005, 12:13 PM
A client has asked for a forum to be installed and skinned as an add on to the website I'm developing for them, this falls outside the original scope of the agreement, so obviously there'll be an additional charge for the client.

The question is: Approximately how much should I charge? What would you charge?

Kind Regards,

Gary

Crake
07-30-2005, 12:59 PM
well skins normally sell for about 35 installing isnt much so i day 40 minimum

Graft-Creative
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks Ste :thumbsup:

I was maybe thinking a tad more than that though - I've got a family to feed ;)

Ta for the feedback though: I reckon 40 would be a definate minimum.

Gary

JamieR
07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Gaz you could always charge by the hour...like 40 an hour then see how long it takes you, as setting a set price sometimes generates less cash for the work than a per hour quote.

Pennimus
08-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Ask yourself two questions - how much does the client know about what it involves (my guess is not much seeing as they are getting somebody else to do it) and, related to this, how much do you think they can pay? Given that this job could also involve additional work integrating the forum with the website as well, I'd suggest an absolute minimum of 100.

Graft-Creative
08-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Ask yourself two questions - how much does the client know about what it involves (my guess is not much seeing as they are getting somebody else to do it) and, related to this, how much do you think they can pay? Given that this job could also involve additional work integrating the forum with the website as well, I'd suggest an absolute minimum of 100.

Thanks Pennimus, I see we think alike: I was thinking at least 100 just to cover the work involved, then whatever on top of that to take me into profit.

Thanks for the advice :)

Gary

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum