View Full Version : Playing certain .mpg files crashes Explorer and players

Jan
07-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi all!

I'm having a really strange problem. Just until recently .mpg files recorded with my HP digicam started crashing Explorer and those players that I tried opening the files with. First I thought there was something wrong with the programs, but later on I realized that the only files that don't work are the one's recored with my camera. I was able to play the very same files before without any issues.

I've never had a similiar problem, and all other .mpg files play just fine. I updated QuickTime Player to the most recent version for Windows XP - could the problems have anything to do with that? Could there be a problem with any codecs and should I re-install them?

Help me! :p

JamieR
07-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah you'd probably need to get new codecs and stuff - .mpg usually plays with windows media player I think, so you might have to update that to the latest version as well if you haven't done so.

Jan
07-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I actually contacted HP's customer service via Internet chat and all I got for an answer was that Windows Media Player 10 doesn't play video files recorded with my camera... That's what I call strange; I've played my files without any problems with version 10 before. :rolleyes: So, I was given orders to uninstall version 10 and then install version 9, which I couldn't.

Anyway, I found this codec pack called Ace Mega CoDecS Pack, installed it and suddenly there was no more errors. Thanks Weazel for replying!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum