View Full Version : how would u make a web browser

Viresh
07-25-2005, 10:33 PM
(title).... with what programs/and languages

oracleguy
07-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Theoretically you could write it in any language but in reality, unless you are doing something exceptionally special you wouldn't want to re-invent the wheel. Now if you are still interested in doing some programming on a web browser you could always contribute to an open source one like Firefox.

PcMan
07-26-2005, 12:53 AM
Theoretically you could write it in any language but in reality, unless you are doing something exceptionally special you wouldn't want to re-invent the wheel. Now if you are still interested in doing some programming on a web browser you could always contribute to an open source one like Firefox.

very well agree mate!

Jesus
07-26-2005, 06:34 AM
don't create another browser, we've got enough compatibility problems as it is, most apain in the *** IE things, but hey, every browsers had it's troubles at the beginning

jkd
07-26-2005, 04:59 PM
don't create another browser, we've got enough compatibility problems as it is, most apain in the *** IE things, but hey, every browsers had it's troubles at the beginning

But if everyone followed that, we wouldn't have Mozilla or Opera.

Last year for my CS class I had to write a browser that parsed a subset of HTML... I extended it to a full DOM1 implementation and general XML parsing and XHTML rendering. That part was pretty simple, but so was the browser. We were forced to use Java, and it worked out pretty well.

The major browsers are written in C or C++ generally, and with lots and lots and lots of code. It's a serious undertaking that a beginner could never hope to finish. However, if you do have experience and lots of patience, it is certainly an interesting piece of software to write.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum