07-25-2005, 03:34 AM
Ok, this is going to be my first major review. I have gotten much better at web designing from my first attempt (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=48922) :p
Ok, I know I don't have much content up there right now, so it's mainly a review of the design and such.
C PAWD (http://c-pawd.moved.in)
I understand that in 800x600 that the header image goes below the ad (also happens when you have the favorites category open on the left side in IE.) If anyone can help me figure this out without making a huge gap between the header and ad, please do :thumbsup:
Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about.
07-25-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm sorry, you really can't offer serious, 'professional' web design services with a web site like that... There's no point in sugar coating this statement, as it won't get you anywhere - I can't see a single redeeming feature on this site.
However, I'm guessing you are young, and at school, so you have plenty of time and the capacity to learn. I suggest you spend a lot of time observing the web and design in general and seeing what makes a good design good. Here are some things not to do in the future -
- Use bold, center aligned Times New Roman for your content.
- Have a smilie advert plastered across every page!
- Have your logo on a white ground spanning the div it's supposed to be in.
- Use a blatant personal e-mail address as a business contact address.
- Put a big blue web search box with a yellow (?) title on each page.
- Use three different blues and purple along with the yellow.
- Neglect padding on your content divs.
- Include random image links to wc3 and toplist.
If this seems harsh, it is, but for a good reason. Too many people will tell you 'not bad' or 'good work', when in fact it is bad and it is not good work. At least with an honest critique you can try to take what I've given you and improve.
07-26-2005, 01:57 AM
For some reason I felt like getting a review of this site, even though it wasn't even close to being ready.
As for the ad things and the search box, it was just to get credits for exchange ad :p
I have no idea what I was thinking as after looking at it again, there is a lot of things I could change.
Please ignore this thread.