View Full Version : PC to Mobile

iota
07-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi masters,

Are there Any good sites for us to enable to send text from PC to Mobile without using softwares like Yahoo Messager ?

Thank you for your info. :)

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-22-2005, 11:30 AM
http://www.sprintusers.com/ That site gives you a choice of which service provider you want to send a message to unfortunately it can only send messages to a phone number that has 10 digits. I don't know if it will be of any use to you or not.

neuron
07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
How about this site? :)

http://sms.ac/HomePage/Default.aspx

JamieR
07-23-2005, 12:48 AM
sms.ac is pretty good, however I always decline emails from people who want me to join, lol :D

neuron
07-23-2005, 04:26 AM
Better decline; otherwise you will get sms spam. The site also sends out invitations to your contacts without informing you. :rolleyes:

JamieR
07-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah true...I'm already inundated with these teenage girls sending me invitations to join hi5 and some crappy "friends network".....BS! :p

Basscyst
07-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Most carriers have an email address tied to the number with which you can send text messages to a mobile device from any email client. For example you can reach any Verizon customer by emailing TheMobileNumber@Vtext.com. Cingular: yournumber@cingularME.com Just go to a carriers website to see what the mail extension is. Most of those PC to Mobile services are no longer needed.
Basscyst

iota
07-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Most of those PC to Mobile services are no longer needed.
Basscyst

ah why are they no more needed? :confused:

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Thats a good question. I still think they are needed. Its simple to get a text message to another user. I do have an email account that belongs to my phone but if I get an email it doesn't come to me instantly like a text message does. I actually have to check my email manually using a computer or through the web interface on my phone. My email account acts as a storage for images.

Basscyst
07-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Let me re-phrase, most 3rd party PC to Mobile services are not needed.

Basscyst

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum