View Full Version : review my podcast web site

07-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey all. I'm looking for input on my new web site, www.pharmcountry.net . I'm not totally satisfied with the design, but I can't think of anything else to "bring it all together" as it were. Any input you have is appreciated.

07-22-2005, 12:23 PM
The overall design is quite good but below are my personal views:

The title logo is too big
The page is a but squashed together
The colours are a bit weak

But overall it is good and is valid XHTML 1.1

07-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I like it, although i do think the logo could use some work.

07-23-2005, 01:41 AM
The pill part of the logo is great and more should be made of this. In contrast the rest of the design is stilted. I think a good start would be using only two colours for the site and keeping the third to the logo only.

07-23-2005, 03:13 AM
The logo is just tooo simple for me...but I think its a :thumbsup: .
Is it your first?

07-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Ok, sorry for not responding sooner. I've been gearing up for my pharmacy technician exam that I took this morning, so I've been busy. Here goes:

mw2005: As for the size of the logo, I like it at 150x150, but I do agree that the design made it kind of squeezed in, so I added margins around the logo image and removed the background color from the sidebar links. As for the colors, I made the links bar and post title graphics bolder rather than pastel.

Ranger56: What do you think needs to be done with the logo? (or was it already addressed.)

Pennimus: Thanks for suggesting using only two of the colors. I removed all the green, and it started to come together.

PcMan: The logo is simple, yes, but that's how i designed it. The red/blue are kind of supposed to remind you of arteries/veins, and the yellow was thrown in there just to make it more interesting. But I think I might replace the yellow with a caduceus (the universal medical symbol.)

It's actually not my first attempt at design, though I am definitely not professional in any way. (for example, my old blog design at http://forever.chronolink.net/ which I really like and will probably reuse at some point.)

PS. The logo is actually just a rotation/colorization of a stock photo I found on the net (I've rotated it about 30 degrees to the right, and originally the pills were all this kind of pukish green color.)