View Full Version : explorer problem - mozilla is fine

kattie
07-20-2005, 07:01 PM
hi guys,
i was having a problem in mozilla. my background was not showing up. so i fixed it using a clearing div.

<div id="browserfix1">hello</div>

this worked. however now when i look in explorer i have a new proplem. there is a transparent line directly under my clearing div! i cant get rid of it :( ive attached an image to show you what i mean. ive put in some text (hello) in my clearing div to show you what happens to it. only the top of the text is showing ? weird!

can anyone tell me why it look like this in explorer and not mozilla.

thanks guys :) k

Ranger56
07-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Try setting the background-color to white.

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-21-2005, 12:47 AM
What is the line height for the clearing div? That extra space is likely caused by IE accounting for a font. If you set the font-size to 0 and line-height to 0, and don't put text in the div It should be fine.

kattie
07-25-2005, 01:55 PM
What is the line height for the clearing div? That extra space is likely caused by IE accounting for a font. If you set the font-size to 0 and line-height to 0, and don't put text in the div It should be fine.

i took your advice... but now when i set fontsize to 0 my clearing div stops working (i supposed to fix a missing background problem im having in mozilla). so as a fix i have left the fontsize as 1 and made the text white (my background color).

thank for your help guys..! onward

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum