View Full Version : Mpeg and AVI trouble

Cedric44
07-15-2005, 11:33 PM
I've been using the html code :

<EMBED SRC="link" width="320" height="250">
And it's worked great with everything except mpg and avi. When I use it with a mpeg or AVI, firefox tells me I need a plug-in to view it. The problem is, I already have the plug-in. Anyone know what the deal is?

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Try using this Embedded Media Player Generator (http://cit.ucsf.edu/embedmedia/step1.php). If that doesn't work then there might be copyright issue going on with the video.

Cedric44
07-15-2005, 11:42 PM
That generator isn't helping. These videos aren't copyrightted either...

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Did you even use the code from the generator? type this into your address box in FF

about:plugins
Check for the avi mpeg plugin under the Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library section, if you don't have it there then I'm not sure what to tell you because I get the same issue when I try to use an avi in FF. I think you'll need to install quicktime in order to play avi files in FF. You could use some scripting that checks the browser and outputs the correct code for the browser, like WMP for IE and Quicktime for FF.

Cedric44
07-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I tried the code from that site when I was searching the forum. And I have all those needed plugins. Thanks for helping.

Edit: I have quicktime.

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Okay then you might need to enable/set the prefences in quicktime to play avi files. Close FF and reopen it, you should hopefully be able to play avi files.

Cedric44
07-15-2005, 11:58 PM
That did it! :D Thanks a lot, man.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum