View Full Version : Win XP using it's own drivers.

hughesmi
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
All.

I have a USB scanner and when I plug the scanner it into the my PC Win XP will use one of it's very own drivers and the scanner will not work correctly. I have installed the scanners drivers but the they not digitally signed. I have to go into the systems manger an update the driver manually..

How can I make Win XP use the the driver I want?

JamieR
07-14-2005, 12:56 PM
When you do update driver in device manager you can select the driver which you want to use. It should stick with the driver which you've selected...

hughesmi
07-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah your correct. The pc was not restaring but't doing it now. Problem soreted.

JamieR
07-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Ok :)
Glad I could have helped.

oracleguy
07-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Most of the time if the driver came from the manufactuer and it isn't digitally signed, no big deal just click 'Continue' and it will work.

tboss132
07-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Most of the time if the driver came from the manufactuer and it isn't digitally signed, no big deal just click 'Continue' and it will work.
Yeah, most of the time. I once encountered the exception, installing a TV card driver which was not certified for WinXP and it crashed my OS. It was my fault though, cos WinXP had not even been released when the card was made.
But all other times, clicking continue and installing the non-digitally signed driver works fine.

JamieR
07-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah..as long as you have the latest drivers for the hardware and that they are compatible with your OS, then it should work...

hughesmi
07-15-2005, 04:59 PM
I think where my problem stemmed from is the pc was not restarting after I updated the driver. But as I said it did do after my 3rd attempt and the problems has gone. Hopefully

Mike

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum